Subject: Re: Cron dying
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/03/2002 22:02:04
On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 12:35:18AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> Has anyone a good idea why cron regularily dies on sparc64?

How reproducable is that? I saw cron's cores couple times in
my root directory, if i started it manually it was always all right.
And at some point the problem gone.

> It never happens with gdb attached to the parent, and the core dump looks
> pretty uninformative (signal 11, stack bogus).
>
> Any ideas what's going on or hints how to attack the problem?

If your kernel has DEBUG option it prints out some additional info
for every coredump. Could be a start point.
ktrace also helps.

	Andrey