Subject: Can't set IP address
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Mathieu Mourez <matt@mbuf.ca>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/01/2002 16:51:15
Hello,

I'm encountering a rather odd problem trying to install 1.6 on a Netra
t1 105.

It seems impossible to configure the IP address, whether I try DHCP or
try to configure it manually!

When running dhclient, the box sends a DHCP discover, gets back a DHCP
offer, then sends DHCP requests and the cycle starts again. The logs on
the DHCP server confirm this. Note that this is a netboot install, and
this is the same DHCP server that has no problem giving away the proper
IP in the first stage of the install (after rarp and tftp, just before
the NFS).

Even stranger, if I drop to the shell and try:
ifconfig hme0 inet 10.1.2.1 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 255.255.255.0

...then run ifconfig hme0 again, the output shows the inet address for
the interface is 0.0.0.0

Any help would be greatly appreciated at this point.

TIA,

- Matt