Subject: 1.6 dhcpd problems
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: kmb <kmb@twogeeks.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/14/2002 12:09:10
Greetings,
	NetBSD 1.6 on the sparc64 is a great improvement from the 1.5
version. Congrats to all who made it possible.

	One odd problem I'm having on my Ultra 5 with 1.6 is that the
dhcpd server will not start. No errors, just won't run on the hme0
interface. My dhcpd.conf and dhcpd.leases files do exist and the .conf
file is correctly written. Rc.conf file reads

	dhcpd=YES dhcpd_flags="-q hme0"

	The hme0 interface is otherwise OK and I can access the rest of
my LAN and Internet using static IP.
	While I'm at it, can anybody tell me which kernel configuration
file I should be using on my Ultra 5. I'd say the GENERIC32, but can
some one confirm this with me please.

Thank you,

@twogeeks.org