Subject: Re: 3Com 3c905c in Ultra 5 as second NIC?
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/08/2002 23:00:43
> Well, I copied the netbsd from the compile directory to the root.
> The size of the two files are very close (the old and the new).
> Permissions are the same.

> The original netbsd boots normally.

I notice you didn't answer the part asking what "file" returned for the
new kernel (when booted from the old).  If that is basically the same
as what file returns for the old kernel, all that I can think of is
that maybe the U5's ROMs have the 6-byte-CDB bug, hard as that seems to
believe given how recent the U5 is.  What are the offset and size of
your root partition according to disklabel?  In particular, does it
include any blocks not within the first 1G of the drive?

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign