Subject: Re: Creator3D driver and X server snapshot
To: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/05/2002 08:33:25
On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:

# On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 12:05:26AM +1000, grant beattie wrote:
# >
# > I totally agree with that concept, though hopefully it would be smart
# > enough to figure out what the device from it's kernel driver, rather
# > than having to specify it :-)
#
# don't forget that you can have more than one card in a machine.  so the
# logic could be: if only one manageable fb card is found then manipulate
# with it else require -t (or -m).

I think that if you're SPECIFYING the device, the innards should be smart
enough to figure out what kind it is, if I understand Mr. Beattie
correctly.

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD:  For IQs higher than 120.