Subject: Re: problems untarring 20020526-1.6A
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/21/2002 03:48:02
--24zk1gE8NUlDmwG9

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 02:17:32AM +0200, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:
> is it just me or are all sets in 20020526-1.6A snapshot broken?  i
> downloaded them from various sites, verified md5 sums but when untarring
> (or running pax withing sysinst) i got invalid header errors.

ok, i searched a bit and i found that this is duplicate of thread "1.6A
snapshot, kernel FUBAR again".  well, why is that snapshot there if it's
completely unusable?  it's just wasting space on ftp sites and resources
of people who are downloading it just to see it's broken.  can someone
please remove it from the ftp site? thanks.

did anyone take a look on what's actually causing this problem? (is it
nbpax? if yes, why?  do someone know how to fix it and eventuelly upload
a new working snapshot?)

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=