Subject: re: Testers wanted
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/24/2002 03:33:37
   | >To run the testsuite you need to:
   | >
   | >1) Get a gcc source tree
   | >
   | >2) Get deja-gnu from:
   | >
   | >ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/infrastructure/dejagnu-20010126.tar.gz
   | >
   | >3) Build and install that version of dejagnu
   | >
   | >4) Configure gcc (preferably with a separate build directory)
   | >
   | >5) do a `make check' in the top-level gcc build directory

   Unfortunately, this does not use the installed compiler.  Sigh.
   So you need to stick the testsuite tree on the end of
   src/gnu/dist/toolchain/gcc/ and use that instead.

it's easy to do "install-tree" testing.  just set CC, etc.
and run make check as usual.

   This really should be automated.

it would help if we included the gcc testsuite in our source tree.

.mrg.