Subject: lpt@ebus?
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@attbi.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/03/2002 15:16:48
Folks:
	I recently decomissioned an old PC and replaced it with a U5 I had
	sitting around doing nothing.  So far, so good, but attempting to
	move a printer that hung off the PC to the U5 proved rather futile...

	I don't yet have a blinkenlights breakout box but my attempt to
	dump stuff to the parallel port provoked zero reaction from my
	printer, so I'm assuming we have a problem.  I also did note
	the `XXX: we should turn the enable bit for the parallel port
	in the in the superio chip'.

	Just figured I'd see if anyone else if using (or having problems
	using) the parallel port.  If not, I'll have a poke at it at some
	point, as I'd like to hang that printer off that box.

Thanks,
--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@attbi.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill