Subject: Re: installing a U10
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/14/2002 21:48:49
On 14 Mar 2002 eeh@netbsd.org wrote:
> | 	Could not initialize curses
> | 	#
> |
> | At least a shell prompt from which I can continue. :)
>
> What do you expect if you don't tell it what sort of terminal
> it's running on?

Duh, I expected too much it seems. ;-)
After setting TERM=sun (and stty rows 24 cols 80), I still get a rather
garbled screen:

	# sysinst
	               +***********************************************+
	 Welcome to sys* NetBSD-1.5.1 Install System installation tool.* This
	 menu-driven to*l is designed to help you install NetBSD to a h*rd disk, or
	 upgrade an exi*>a: Install NetBSD to hard diskmum of work.  In*the following
	 menus, you may* b: Upgrade NetBSD on a hard diskither typing t*e reference
	 letter (a, b, * c: Re-install sets or install additional sets * the current
	 selection from* d: Reboot the computerenter key.              *
	               * e: Utility menu                               *
	 If you booted * x: Exit Install Systemow remove the disk.     *
	 Thank you for using NetBSD!

Well, at least a shell, I'll see how far I'll get. :)
Thanks!

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html