Subject: type of dumpmag (port-sparc64/11949)
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/05/2002 00:32:19
I've tracked port-sparc64/11949 (savecore/libkvm can't clear
a kernel coredump on sparc64) and it turns out an LP64BE problem.

The type of "dumpmag" in sparc64/machdep.c is u_long, but
in savecore.c dumpmag is int so savecore only reads the first
4 bytes (they are always zero) and dumpmag values in both
kernel and crash dump are always same even after it is cleared.

I think it is proper fix to change type of dumpmag in savecore.c
from int to u_long, but some ports use "unsigned" (amiga, atari)
or "u_int32_t" (x86_64) for dumpmag.
Is it OK to change all these values to u_long?
If not, what type should we use for dumpmag? (u_int32_t ?)
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp