Subject: Re: Sun Console
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org, randall@stewart.chicago.il.us>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/12/2002 20:28:05
| Has anyone attempted with the current
| build to login to their console?
|
| telnet works.. but if you login to the
| console (at least on my SS5) the first few
| characters are fine...
|
| then one of two things will happen:
|
| a) without typing, the last character you typed will
|    repeat until you press ctrl-c
| b) Ususally after (a) you then have a delayed typing
|    hit the 'h' character and nothing happens, then hit
|    the 'e' character and the 'h' appears.. etc.. very
|    difficult to even attempt to do anything on it.

Those are the well known but little understood interactions
between the sunkbd driver used for input and the prom
console driver used for screen output.  You can disable the
keyboard driver and just ust the prom console driver for
both input and output, but then you lose the use of most
function keys and Stop-A.

Eduardo