Subject: Re: "make release" works on sparc64 for cross.
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/23/2002 18:07:26
matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au> writes:
> i think the easiest way around this is to remove the need for
> the hard coded set of bootblocks and manage loading /boot by
> name like the alpha & pmax do (both who have typically much
> larger object code than sparc :-).  anyone want to work on this? :-)

It isn't possible to do on every platform, regardless of our
desires. I would suggest instead that we rig up makefs or some other
tool to simply tell us the block numbers so we can feed them into a
modified installboot. We'll be needing this in other places.

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@wasabisystems.com