Subject: E450 boot trouble
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Lloyd Parkes <lloyd@must-have-coffee.gen.nz>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 12/12/2001 14:19:56
Hello all,
I have been playing with a spare E450 trying to get NetBSD to boot on
it. I thought the E250 in the supported UltraSPARC II PCI section looked
a bit lonely.

It dies with a "Fast Data Access MMU Miss" message, but it shouldn't be
a version mismatch as mentioned in the FAQ because everything I have
installed is from the 20011205 snapshot.

Here are the messages from the console. It should be obvious that I have
had to transcribe them rather than cut and paste. I don't think I have
made any typos.

... 2 X UltraSPARC II 400MHz
OpenBoot 3.14 ...
... 1024 MB memory

devopen: getdisklabel sez no disk label
loadfile: reading header
elf64_exec: Booting /pci@6,4000/scsi@4/disk@0,0:a/netbsd
4778400@0x1000000+135032@0x1800000+405972@0x1820f78
symbols @ 0xfef6a300 74+322800+172333 start=0x1000000
chain: calling OF_chain(800000, ee00, 1000000, fff7fa80, 18)
[ using 495984 bytes of netbsd ELF symbol table ]
Fast Data Access MMU Miss

Any guesses anybody?

Thanks,
Lloyd