Subject: Stability of sparc64 port
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/29/2001 15:08:44
Hi!

I need to setup a production server on an Ultra 5. My question: is
-current stable enough right now for a 100+ user SMTP+IMAP server
or should I really install Solaris 8? Is the toolchain change
more or less over, i.e. are there any big issues hanging?

Based on my previous experiences with sparc64, 1.5.* was not stable
at all and I've been running 1.5Y on another Ultra for some time now
without major problems (had to disable UDMA on IDE disk).

Stability is #1 in this case, although I'd really like use NetBSD
as I'm using NetBSD in several i386 based hosts as well...

Comments please! And if it's NetBSD, could someone create a new
snapshot and upload it to ftp.netbsd.org.

Martti

---
Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>      NetBSD - No media hype
http://www.iki.fi/~kuparine/                    http://www.netbsd.org/