Subject: Re: -msoft-quad-float and sparc64
To: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/27/2001 13:55:05
> and used gcc testsuite for that. Their floating tests passed but:
> 	 -mquad-soft-float is needed because of a problem in our fpu emiulation
> code

Do I read this correctly: provided we would have a working fpu emulation for
quad floats, gcc and the code generated by it would just work? (There have
been suspicions that this is the real cause of the problem, but as far as
I know nobody could prove or disprove it yet)

Furthermore, you have a testsuite that exhibits the problems in our fpu
emulation?

Sounds like we should go fix the emulation instead of the gcc defaults...

Martin