Subject: kernel trap on Ultra-1 Creator
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Marco Pfatschbacher <pfatschb@foo.fh-furtwangen.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/14/2001 17:54:08
Hi,

i've tried to put NetBSD on my Sun Ultra1-Creator.
Since it has no Floppy-Drive I used the netboot-method.

While booting with kernel 1.5 I get:

qe0 at qec0 slot0 offset 0x0 rev 1data fault:  pc=1221d04 addr=10 sfsr=%qb
kernel trap30: data acces exception
Stopped in swapper at  qestop+0x10:  ldsw  [%13+0x10],%o0
db>

booting 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 even stops at the same error :-(

Also the following suspicious appears right after OpenFirmware Boot
has finished loading the kernel:
pmap_bootstrap:  could not claim physical dseg extension at 17cba00 size 34600

Sorry for not giving a complete log, but writing it down by hand
isn't really enjoyable.

Btw: OpenBSD-3Beta also hangs while initializing the included
4Port-NIC.

I dont think its the hardware, 'cause Linux und SunOS are doing
fine on that machine.

System:
Sun Ultra1 - Creator (167 Mhz)
OpenBoot 3.7  256 MB