Subject: Re: Ultra 2 Fails boot
To: None <andrea@knute.cs.tin.it, eeh@netbsd.org>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/10/2001 19:01:22
| Ok ,thak you now it works.. the boot sequence complete and i got the prompt.
| Now i'm trying to install it on disk.
| But ,when i try to install bootblock i got after th reboot:
|
| Sun Ultra 2 UPA/SBus (2 X UltraSPARC 168MHz), No Keyboard
| OpenBoot 3.1.5, 512 MB memory installed, Serial #8494867.
| Ethernet address 8:0:20:81:9f:13, Host ID: 80819f13.
|

| NetBSD IEEE 1275 Bootblock
| ..Illegal Instruction
| {0} ok
|

| There are other bootblock around that will works on ULTRA2? and if i done mistake in the installation,what is the correct sequence to do in order to make the ULTRA2 boot from the disk?-

My guess is that the problem you see is not with the bootblock
but with ofwboot.  You can verify this by:

	set the PROM's fcode-debug? variable to `yes'

	boot with the `-DV' flags

	When you get the `that file does not appear to be
	executable' message, type:

" /ofwboot" do-boot

You should then be able to see what happens as the bootblock
hunts for and loads ofwboot.

I would guess that the ofwboot image you have in the root
partition is corrupt, or possibly missing.

You can also check where the processor died by typing:

	.trap-registers

taking the value in the TPC fields and doing

	<value> dis

which will show you the instructions at that location.

Eduardo