Subject: Re: Ultra 2 Fails boot
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
From: Andrea <andrea@knute.cs.tin.it>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/10/2001 18:38:47
On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 03:23:00PM -0000, eeh@netbsd.org wrote:

> | I have a ultra2 and i'm trying to install NetBSD on it.
> |
> | Using 1.5.2 version it netboot correctly but id doesn't see scsi controller.
> | Instead using latest snapshot i can see the scsi but it hangs after the discover of the network interfaces.
> |
> | So i booted with 1.5.2 an compiled the current-kenrel,but when i tried to reboot i got:

> | No response for RARP request
> | Using BOOTP protocol: ip address: 192.168.178.153, netmask: 255.255.255.0
> | root addr=192.168.178.136 path=/DATA/netbsd
> | loadfile: reading header
> | elf64_exec: Booting /sbus@1f,0/SUNW,hme@e,8c00000/netbsd
> | 2510328@0x1000000+7244552@0x1800000Fast Data Access MMU Miss
> | {0} ok
> |
> | What does it mean...
> | There's something i can change in kernel config i n order to avoid this problem ?.
>
> This is probably caused by a mismatch between the kernel and ofwboot.
> Make sure both of them have the same date.
>
> Eduardo
Ok ,thak you now it works.. the boot sequence complete and i got the prompt.
Now i'm trying to install it on disk.
But ,when i try to install bootblock i got after th reboot:

Sun Ultra 2 UPA/SBus (2 X UltraSPARC 168MHz), No Keyboard
OpenBoot 3.1.5, 512 MB memory installed, Serial #8494867.
Ethernet address 8:0:20:81:9f:13, Host ID: 80819f13.

NetBSD IEEE 1275 Bootblock
..Illegal Instruction
{0} ok

There are other bootblock around that will works on ULTRA2? and if i done mistake in the installation,what is the correct sequence to do in order to make the ULTRA2 boot from the disk?-

Thanks!