Subject: Re: Ultra 5 w/hme + current spews
To: None <heas@shrubbery.net>
From: Jarle Greipsland <jarle@uninett.no>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/02/2001 08:46:28
john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net> writes:
> does anyone's hme actually autoneg with a switch properly?  it doesnt
> work with foundry or hp procurve.  perhaps that is contributing.
> ifconfig doesnt appear to indicate which duplex it is running
>
>         media: Ethernet autoselect (100baseTX)
>
> nor does there appear to be a knob to specify the duplex.

I forgot to mention it, I think, but the hme0 I referred to in my
original message on this issue is connected to a 10Mbit hub.
omo# ifconfig hme0
hme0: flags=8a63<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,ALLMULTI,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        address: 08:00:20:d1:50:b4
        media: Ethernet autoselect (10baseT)
        status: active

					-jarle