Subject: Re: Weird net behaviour with Netra t1 105 and 20010821 snapshot
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Maxime Henrion <mux@qualys.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/27/2001 18:45:48
Eduardo wrote:
> Solaris handles multinamed interfaces differently than NetBSD.  And as
> far as I know, you can only use one PHY at a time.  I think you need to
> be a bit more specific about how you are configuring the interface.

Here is the output of ifconfig hme0 :

hme0: flags=8a63<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,ALLMULTI,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        address: 08:00:20:f9:8c:7a
        media: Ethernet autoselect (100baseTX full-duplex)
        status: active
        inet 10.0.0.2 netmask 0xff000000 broadcast 10.255.255.255
        inet6 fe80::a00:20ff:fef9:8c7a%hme0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1

> Also, you could try using the other interface and see if it works.

I tried that, and interestingly, when plugging my cable on link 1 and
selecting phy 1, it didn't work at all.  The only combination that work
(read: which has ``status: active'' in ifconfig) is to use phy 0 with
link 0.

This makes me think more that it's a detection problem ; it makes no
doubt I have two real interfaces in this box, since under Solaris, I can
assign each an IP and they have different MAC addresses.

Feel free to ask me for any other relevant information.

Thanks,
Maxime Henrion
--
Don't be fooled by cheap finnish imitations ; BSD is the One True Code