Subject: Re: -current kernel for Ultra 10
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
From: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/21/2001 11:54:03
On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 10:48:29AM -0700, Andrew Gillham wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 10:20:57AM -0700, Andrey Petrov wrote:
> > The latest snapshot /pub/NetBSD/arch/sparc64/snapshot/20010821 is
> > well upto date. I think it's the best we have now. Try that.
>
> I have tried that, which is why I am asking for someone to provide
> a kernel is is known to boot on the Ultra 10.  I have tried the GENERIC
> and the INSTALL kernel from that snapshot with the same problem.

I read mail archive and it seems that mentioned problem was
resolved by newer ofwboot. Check if you use correct one.
Also dmesg can bring some light.

> Is it likely that -current only works with a serial console?

ahm, I don't know actually, I think it all works over firmware console
so it shouldn't matter serial or display/keyboard.
I'll be corrected if it wrong.

	Andrey