Subject: Re: NetBSD SnapShot 22082001 x Ultra 10
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org, neilson@predialnet.com.br>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/14/2001 17:33:21

|     I've just one problem (unfortunatelly). I need to use the 3COM 3C905B-TX
|     and other kernels aren't supporting it. Do you know what kernel there
| includes
|     support to it ? Other kernels may boot but don't solve my problem.

It really doesn't matter which kernels have that device or not.  What you should
do is use whatever kernel you can to install the machine then build a custom
kernel that includes just those devices you have on the machine.  If you have
a PCI machine, there is no need for SBus drivers.

In any case, I cannot say that that device has ever been tested on sparc64, so
the driver may have bugs.

Anyway, according to the logs, the `ex' driver for 3COM 9c59x boards was added
around July 20, so you can try kernels dated after that, but the `ep' driver
for 3c59x cards is not enabled since it causes `ICE' (whatever that is).

Eduardo