Subject: Ultra1 Install Problems
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Thompson <m_thompson@ids.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/14/2001 08:29:48
I tried a diskless install with the 20010821-current snapshot. Sysinst dies
after I fill in the questions about the disk partitioning.

I tried a miniroot install. Sysinst displays some unreadable messages at
the top of the screen when it tries to install the *.tgz files.

I tried a manual install using the install kernel. After running for about
5 minutes the keyboard continuously repeats the last character I type. I
tried a different keyboard, type-4 and type-5, and the behavior is the same.

I did a manual install with the console on the serial port. The machine
runs just fine, but crashed when I tried to compile a program.

Is this a hardware problem or does the SPARC64 port have some problems?

Michael Thompson
E-Mail: M_Thompson@IDS.net