Subject: Re: psycho patch
To: None <jason@thought.net, port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/02/2001 01:37:16
| This patch allows psycho to match on the SUNW,Ultra-1-Engine and to
| get through autoconf apprently ok (it's based on similiar logic to
| ultralinux, using the "compatible" as well as "name" prom properties).

There are several problems I have with this patch:

1) What exactly is a `SUNW,Ultra-1-Engine'?  And what problem does it
have with that machine that this patch is supposed to fix?

2) The patch `seems to mostly work'.  What does not work?

3) The patch has not actually been tested on NetBSD.

Since you have access to that hardware and I do not, could you
at least test it to the point you are confident it fixes the problem
you have on that haredware?

Eduardo