Subject: re: Current kernel fails to build (simba.c)
To: None <andrew@ugh.net.au, mjacob@feral.com>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/01/2001 14:41:44
| On Sat, 1 Sep 2001, Andrew wrote:
|
| > Ahh thanks, build is now running.
|
| Alas it dies at the end with a linker error:
|
| ld -Ttext 01000000 -Tdata 01800000 -e start -n -T
| ../../../../arch/sparc64/conf/kern.ldscript -X -o netbsd ${SYSTEM_OBJ}
| vers.o
| ioconf.o(.data+0x598):/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc64/compile/ECHIDNA/ioconf.c:
| undefined reference to `simba_ca'
|
| Presumably because I commented out the simba.c line in files. Any
| suggestions? I might just try removing all references to siba from my
| config and see if the kernel still works. dmesg talks about simba howver
| so I'm not oo confident...
|
| sabre: bus range 0 to 2; simba b, PCI bus 1; simba a, PCI bus 2
| simba0 at pci0 dev 1 function 0: Sun Microsystems Simba PCI bridge (rev.
| 0x13)
| pci1 at simba0 bus 2
| simba1 at pci0 dev 1 function 1: Sun Microsystems Simba PCI bridge (rev.
| 0x13)
| pci2 at simba1 bus 1

O.K.

Let's start from scratch.

The simba driver has been deprecated for some time now.  Presumably
you are building a -current kernel.  You should no longer have a simba.c
nor any reference to simba in the kernel config nor files.sparc64.  So
refetch your files.sparc64 and GENERIC32.  Modify your kernel config
according to what has been done to GENERIC32.  (simba has beeen replaced
by ppb.)  Run config again.  And do a `make clean'.

Now you should look through the generated Makefile and ioconf.c.  They
should not have any reference to simba any more.  Also, check for and
remove any `.depend' files in the kernel build directory and the lib/kern
and lib/sa subdirectories.

Eduardo