Subject: Re: Fatal error: Can't extend frag 97. chars
To: None <efutch@nyct.net, port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/12/2001 22:27:06
	/var/tmp/cc94Ahf3.s: Assembler messages:
	/var/tmp/cc94Ahf3.s:343: Fatal error: Can't extend frag 97. chars
	*** Error code 1

Ah, that problem.

You need to make sure you install all the patches to 1.5.

You also need to check which `as' is being called by the toolchain.  ISTR
that there are two of them and the toolchain is not calling the correct
one.  Use `gcc -v' to find which one is being invoked.

Or better yet, blow away the old toolchain and install:

	ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/arch/sparc64/toolchain/dwarf.tar.gz

	Stop.

	# uname -a
	NetBSD next.nyct.net 1.5U NetBSD 1.5U (GENERIC) #15: Tue Apr 10 12:07:43 PDT 2001
	eeh@nonplus.netbsd.org:/home5/src/src/sys/arch/sparc64/compile/GENERIC sparc64

	Are there any projects in the works that I could try to help out
	with?  Most of my experience is with FreeBSD on i386.  I know enough about
	NetBSD to get by put know little about Sun/Sparc hardware.  I'm willing to
	learn whatever is necessary to help out with the NetBSD/sparc64
	project.

Let's see.  We still need a driver for the Simiens 8253x serial contollers,
drivers and X server support for VGA and FFB based displays, and the 32-bit
emulations can always use more work.

Eduardo