Subject: ultra1 booting?
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Collin Scott <sierra@cs.umn.edu>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/28/2001 20:02:22
First off, Im fairly certain that this machine has a supported scsi
device, but Im not sure which one it is ...
From a semi working solaris install I followed the install instructions
using the ramdisk.fs, and installed that on my swap partition.  I then
rebooted the machine as stated, BSD begins to load untill I get to the
section where it looks for the root/dump locations.  Looking at the
archives I found one person who had simmilar errors and the solution was
in his case to point at sd0* this does not work for me.  What does work is
if I use sd0c for root and sd0c for dump with ffs as the file system.
What then happens is

Clock warning...
lookup /dev/console: error 20
init: copying out flags '-s" 3
exec /sbin/init.bak: error 20
init: not found
panic: no init
kdb breakpoint at 0x12702d8
Stopped init at cpu-debugger+0x4 nop

I have tried all of the possible configs as far as sd0 (a-h) and I am kind
of stuck here.  Thanks
collin

"an equation has no meaning for me unless it expresses a thought of God"

                                                   --Srinivasa Ramanujan