Subject: Re: esp/fas
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
From: Andrey Petrov <and@genesyslab.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/12/2001 19:00:13
> On boot I sometimes get:
>
> panic: (esp0): invalid state: 6
>
> I have done a little bit of diagnosis.  What
> seems to happen is that a DISCONNECT message
> comes in, the controller is put into DISCONNECTED
> state.  Then it seems to try to do something
> else and panics.  It seems to have something
> to do with the state of some disk because I
> can fix the problem if I reboot with a kernel
> with the old driver.
>
> I'll try to do some more diagnosis, but I'm
> having some trouble capturing ncr traces since
> this is during boot and the last of the output
> doesn't seem to be properly added to the message
> buffer.
>
> Eduardo

It's hard to tell much without trace, I'll try to check
changes meanwhile to see what would break.
I appreciate if you can provide your configuration then I
might find something similar around.
In my environment I had to enlarge msgbufsize to be able to
grab enought there.
I would try to set ncr53c9x_dmaselect to 0, to check if it
changes anything.

Andrey