Subject: re: E250 support?
To: Mark Blackman <mark.blackman@netscalibur.co.uk>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/07/2001 22:42:03
   Is it possible to build on a FreeBSD/i386 box or under Slowaris?

   I can probably set up a NetBSD/i386 box if that helps.

   Shall I just wait for your binary to download?

you can do this by running

	.../netbsd-current/src/gnu/dist/toolchain/configure --target=sparc64-netbsd

and using the compiler it will build.  the GCC build will fail to build
libgcc as certain header files are missing, but once you've gotten to
that point, everything needed for kernel compiles are done.  this should
work on any of the above platforms.  (you can avoid the header file problem
by installing netbsd /usr/include in $prefix/sparc64-netbsd/sys-include.)

my initial GENERIC kernel paniced after network configuration and i am
waiting for a complete rebuild right now.  my patch does work with the
`POWEROFSEVEN' kernel, but that's pretty ultra5 hard coded.

.mrg.