Subject: Re: E250 support?
To: None <mark.blackman@netscalibur.co.uk, port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/30/2001 16:29:24
	I had a go with the sparc64 port on an E250 back in August (1.5A?)
	with  kernel boot failures in the network interface driver code.

	Now I've got problems (1.5Q) with the psycho code on a
	new E250. Does that make sense? Should E250's work effortlessly
	now or are there still holes in the device support?

I would not expect it to work on E250s.  Most of the
work to-date has been done on machines with UltraSPARCIIi
processors rather then psycho+ PCI controllers.  There
are significant differences between UIIi and psycho+,
for instance psycho+ has a streaming cache but UIIi
does not.

It would be interesting to see how it fails so maybe
we could fix it.

Eduardo