Subject: Re: Compiling on sparc64
To: None <peter@boku.net, port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/18/2001 17:48:58
	Am I jumping the gun for using this platform for build apps or compiling
	native apps?  I loaded a SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi @ 440 MHz box with the 1.5
	release and then sup'd down current, but couldn't get stuff to compile.  So
	I pulled down the 1.5 sources/sets/*.tgz and just tried a simple 'make' in
	/usr/src, but even libc won't link.

Hm.  Works reasonably well for me.

	I was hoping to use the box for making my multi-platform (i386, sparc,
	next68k) builds.

Haven't tried that.  Could you be a bit more precise about what you're
trying to do and what errors you get?  My mind-reading abilities
unfurtunately have a very limited range.

Have you applied all the 1.5 patches to your machine?

Eduardo