Subject: Re: u1
To: b <b17b2@yahoo.com>
From: Andrei Petrov <and@genesyslab.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/28/2000 15:23:44
On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, b wrote:

> hello,
>
> i'm trying to install NetBSD on a U1 creator i have at work.
> i copied ramdisk.fs to the swap partition (s3) and booted. booting
> stopped at this point:
>
> Kernelized RAIDframe activated
> root device:
>
> then if i type for example sd0 it says:
> use one of: raid0[a-h] raid1[a-h] raid2[a-h] raid3[a-h] hme1 halt
>
> i'll type in output from booting that i think might help. if you need
> the entire dmesg i can type it in.
> flashprom at sbus0 slot 15 offset 0x0 not configured
> SUNW,fdtwo at sbus0 slot 15 offset 0x1400000 vector 29 ipl 11 not
> configured
> sc at sbus0 slot 15 offset 0x1300000 not configured
> SUNW,fas at sbus0 slot 13 offset 0x8800000 vector 20 ipl 3 not
> configured
>
> there is only one 2 Gig disk inside, sd0 under solaris. I don't know if
> "fas at sbus0 not configured" is bad, I thought sd0 would be under fas.

Unfortunately fas is not supported. You have 2 options: set up your
ultra diskless(you will need another machine for boot/nfs server) or get
other supported scsi controller. You can get detailed information from
FAQs.

This is strange, I thought ultra1 has built-in esp controller
which is supported. It looks like you have ultra2. You can check that
with uname -a.

--
	Andrey