Subject: 1.5_BETA2 available with integrated compiler
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/15/2000 18:27:07
eeh's build of 1.5_BETA2 for sparc64 is now available at:

    ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5_BETA2/sparc64/

The important change (besides slightly updated BETA2 sources) is that the
compiler toolchain is now integrated into /usr/bin, /usr/libexec, and so
forth.

This integrated toolchain needs some major testing, as I just put it
together today!  If you download the new comp.tgz set and try out the new
toolchain (moving /usr/local out of the way to make sure that one is
ignored), please let me know your success/failure of compiling various
things.  Note that the C++, Fortran, and Objective-C runtime libraries are
static-only in this release, but that may be fixed by 1.5.1.  Otherwise,
this should be a fully working system including toolchain.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/