Subject: Re: tcp weirdness ?
To: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@BurghCom.Com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/08/2000 09:51:04
> ping and traceroute use "ICMP" messages, so your problems would not be
> related (or limited) to "TCP".  Check for a duplex mismatch.  Does the HME
> driver have a "media" and "mediaopt" flag?  I know that's how I set the
> speed/duplex on cards (fxp*, etc) at work.  I have a le0 at home, so it's
> stuck in 10/half.

I have problems with hme on sparc64 too: it does not properly negotiat
full-duplex. When I netboot the machine (i.e. the PROM initializes the
network card) all is fine, I get a full-duplex connection with proper
autonegotiation. As soon as NetBSD fiddles with the card, it drops to
half-duplex.

When booting from disk the connection comes up half-duplex from the start.

Didn't have time to investigate this yet.

Martin