Subject: Re: tcp weirdness ?
To: Anders Franzen <uabfra@uab.ericsson.se>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@BurghCom.Com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/07/2000 09:35:02
On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Anders Franzen wrote:

> I installed the 1.5-BETA on an ULTRA 1 with a lance ethernet chip
> (10Mb/s).
>
> When i telnet to the to the Ultra from a PC running Freebsd, The netbsd
> system does not seem
> very responsive. I noticed I have an increasing retransmit counter on
> tcp (netstat -s) on
> both the Freebsd and the netbsd machines.
>
> I also tried to spray ping the netbsd box (ping -f) and it is almost
> looseless.

ping and traceroute use "ICMP" messages, so your problems would not be
related (or limited) to "TCP".  Check for a duplex mismatch.  Does the HME
driver have a "media" and "mediaopt" flag?  I know that's how I set the
speed/duplex on cards (fxp*, etc) at work.  I have a le0 at home, so it's
stuck in 10/half.

-Brian