Subject: Re: source tree??
To: Anders Franzen <uabfra@uab.ericsson.se>
From: Murray Stokely <murray@osd.bsdi.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/07/2000 01:43:55
On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Anders Franzen wrote:
% now I want to install the compiler and sources.
%
% When I browse through the ftp site, the snapshots for sparc-64 is from
% august.
% The 1.5 BETA is from now. How can I get the latest sources, maybe this
% is faq
% please direct me to the proper document.

  To get the latest sources you should use sup or cvs.  Check out the
documentation section on http://www.netbsd.org for information about
how to use these.  Personally I use cvs for src so that I can see the
logs, and sup for everything else.  I also explained this process a
bit on my rapidly growing howto :

http://www.freebsd.org/~murray/netbsd-sparc64.html

%  Do netbsd have a ports consept similar to FreeBSD ?
% DS.

  Yes it does.  You should check out 'pkgsrc' with sup.  'man sup'.  I
used the port system to build cvs which is what I now use to track
development.

	Murray