Subject: Re: sun4u-5 boot hangs...
To: None <and@genesyslab.com, greywolf@siteROCK.com>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/25/2000 19:45:50
	On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Andrei Petrov wrote:

	#
	#
	# On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Greywolf wrote:
	#
	# >
	# > This is the 20000823 kernel.  I hear that, supposedly, one was built more
	# > recently than that; could someone point me to it?  It's not under
	# > ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/*/arch/sparc64!
	# >
	#
	# I agree, it would be nice to have new snapshot or just newer kernel
	# there. Meanwhile you can cross build that which is fairly easy on
	# netbsd host(assuming that you have updated syssrc and gnusrc). Also I'm
	# volunteering in this area;-), send me your config or if you wish GENERIC
	# just say that, I'll e-mail it to you.

The reason there aren't any new kernels on nbftp is that
I am currently working on a new set of snapshots and think
it's better to have matching kernel and userland rather than
random kernels lying about.

	Well, I'm not sure how to set tools up to cross-build a (64-bit)
	kernel.  Last I heard there were some serious problems with that.

No, cross compiling the kernel is easy.  Just build a toolchain
in src/gnu/dist/toolchain for sparc64-netbsd.  Cross compiling
userland is hard.

Eduardo