Subject: Re: tools.tar.bz2 ?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Andrei Petrov <and@genesyslab.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/17/2000 17:53:31
On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Andrei Petrov wrote:
> > Ha, I was able to compile 'cat' and was satisfied.
>
> Try building awk, and see if the configure step of pkgsrc/lang/perl-base
> barfs about the -sde switch to it's Configure script.

Next time, kind of stuck with other things.
I took a look what is there in 1.5_ALPHA2 and a whole bunch of questions
arose. Don't want to distract anybody with stupid quistions.

> > Then replace those binutils from sparc64-usr-local-toolchain and leave
> > the compiler.
> >
> > I don't know if there were something changed there. Worth to try anyway.
>
> Yah... I just hoped to get a stable toolchain cheaply. ;)
I even think you can just remove those who failed to execute, I might be
wrong.

Would be interesting to know if they work for others.

--
	Andrey