Subject: Re: tools.tar.bz2 ?
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de, port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/17/2000 22:38:20
	I\ve installed the tools.tar.bz2 from ftp.netbsd.org, and now get:

	rfhs8036% /usr/local/bin/ld
	/usr/local/bin/ld: Exec format error. Binary file not executable.
	rfhs8036% file /usr/local/bin/ld
	/usr/local/bin/ld: ELF 64-bit MSB executable, SPARC V9, version 1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped
	rfhs8036% uname -a
	NetBSD rfhs8036 1.5G NetBSD 1.5G (GENERIC) #6: Tue Oct  3 08:48:16 PDT 2000
	eeh@nonplus.one-o.com:/home4/src/sys/arch/sparc64/compile/GENERIC sparc64

	I wonder what's going on here... any clues?

The kernel is not very explicit about exactly what fails during exec.  It could very
well be that the dynamic linker did not load at all or bombed.  Try setting
`LD_DEBUG' in your environment and see if it prints anything.

Eduardo.