Subject: Re:hme ...
To: Eduardo Horvath <eeh@turbolinux.com>
From: Andrei Petrov <and@genesyslab.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/21/2000 13:58:01
On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Eduardo Horvath wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Andrei Petrov wrote:
>
> > Just out of curiosity: do you have 2 processors installed when
> > you tried to boot netbsd? what kernel did you use?
>
> Multiple processors is a completely unsuppored configuration.  There is
> some code in the kernel that is likely to attempt to use multiple
> processors if it finds them that is incomplete and untested.
>
> (BTW is the Ultra2 still listed as supported hardware on the web site?  We
> should remove that.)

I have 2 processors, and MULTIPROCESSOR undefined. But I thought that
second should not hurt the first. Am I wrong ? Do you think I should
remove it?

> > I'm seeing one thing which I hardly believe: when kernel is doing
> > netboot it sends packet and goes to tsleep, but there are no
> > interrupts going thru during that tsleep. The interrupt can only
> > happen after timeout. I changed timeout value in revarpwhoarewe
> > function and sent more rarp replies from server during tsleep. There are
> > no keyboard interrupts, I think there should be, I might be wrong.
> > But timer works.
>
> Hm.  That's strange.  After it finishes attaching all devices it should go
> into the idle loop from tsleep(), and the idle loop should completely drop
> IPLs.  You should be getting keyboard interrupts.  (You do have a keyboard
> on the zs device as the console, right?)

Yes, console at zs. When I noticed that there are no interrupts from hme
I tried to check if I see echo from keyboard and I didn't see that.

> If you can break into ddb check the value of `cold'.  It should be cleared
> by that point.  Also check `safepri' which should also be zero.

I'm about to put sbus patch. Want to try that first.

> Make sure you do not have MULTIPROCESSOR defined.  That code is not
> complete and could cause problems.
>
> Eduardo Horvath

Thank you for response,
	Andrey