Subject: Re: cross-compiler for sparc64
To: Eduardo Horvath <eeh@turbolinux.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/18/2000 00:02:33
On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Eduardo Horvath wrote:

: Then create a subdirectory, say src/gnu/dist/toolchain/builddir and enter
: it.  Then to build a cross-toolchain:
:
: 	../configure --target=sparc64-netbsd

Please do note that a cross toolchain is not perfect--there are some codegen
bugs in a 32->64 bit cross compiler.  I have an uncommitted hack to force
the compiler to use `long long' (64 bit ints) even on 32-bit platforms when
cross-compiling to sparc64 and alpha; expect to see this in-tree by
mid-Friday, EDT.

The binutils, gas, and ld will also be buildable from BSD makefiles soon on
Friday, as well, and then I'll be tackling gcc and gdb.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/