Subject: hme ...
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Andrei Petrov <and@genesyslab.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/17/2000 17:46:19
I'm still trying to netboot my ultra2 machine and looking for help.

I boot with command 'boot net netbsd' from ofw console, and it goes
smoothly (well, on separated segment without any other network traffic
involved) all the way it handled by ofwboot.
The problem appears when  kernel redoes the same to mount root filesystem.

nfs_boot initiates an interface, and revarpwhoarewe pushs hme to work.
hme sends rarp request, server machine responds right away and
hme generates interrupt but there are no data received, i mean
all  receive descriptors are owned by hardware!
After that revarpwhoarewe wakes up
and initiates second rarp request which is responded and there are 2
hme interrupts and both packets received. Everything else also go thru
from second attempt till it stucks hard in mountd phase.

How come that interrupt generated and buffer is empty?
I checked status register and it shows frame received and rxdone.

Anybody have seen that?  Any idea?

BTW, that's sbus hme.

Any help appreciated.
	Andrey