Subject: Shared library snapshot available
To: None <>
From: Charles M. Hannum <>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/26/2000 14:42:02
I've uploaded an experimental snapshot with shared libraries at:

This is just a big tar file of the whole installation, with a kernel
in /netbsd.

A few things to note:

* This snapshot was cross-compiled from i386-netbsdelf.  The compiler
  it contains is egcs 1.1.2, which is NOT RECOMMENDED for sparc64.  We
  should have a native gcc 2.95.2 build working soon.

* This snapshot does not contain hack(6), because it fails to build
  due to a cross-compiler bug.

* There appear to be problems with tcpdump and krb5, which I have not
  had time to look at yet.

* If it breaks, you keep both pieces.  (But please report any

Shar and enjoy.