Subject: Re: sparc64 reference manual
To: Neal H Walfield <neal@walfield.org>
From: Eduardo Horvath <eeh@turbolinux.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/01/2000 08:40:52
On Wed, 31 May 2000, Neal H Walfield wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> What do you use as your authorative reference for the sparc64 architecture?
> (Similar to the Intel Architecture Software Developer's Manual, Volume 3:
> System Programming[1]).
>
> I have looked on www.sparc.org [2], however, their manuals are not what I am
> looking for (unless I missed it).
>
> Thanks a lot,
> -Neal
>
> [1] http://developer.intel.com/design/pentiumii/manuals/243192.htm
> [2] http://www.sparc.org/standards.html

I don't really understand what you're looking for.
The SPARC Version 9 Architecture manual is available at:

http://www.sparc.com/standards/v9.ps.Z

The UltraSPARC user's manuals are available at:

http://www.sun.com/microelectronics/UltraSPARC/

Additional information about bus controllers, etc. are available at the
Sun website, and the OpenBOOT reference is available at:

http://docs.sun.com

In addition, the IEEE 1275 Open Firmware spec should be available
somewhere.

Eduardo Horvath