Subject: booting from ultra1
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Jonathan O'Brien <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 04/18/2000 11:56:57
I'd like to install netbsd onto an ultra1 E. It's my understanding
that the fas chip isn't supported, so can I use an esp based card
and boot off that instead?
If so...will these boot strap proceedures work:
1. boot solaris
2. format and newfs target disk on esp controller
3. install netbsd bootblk in arch/kernels/1.4U using solaris
4. cp arch/kernels/1.4U(or X) netbsd and ofwboot to target disk's root
5. dd miniroot.fs from current sparc snapshot to target disk's swap
6. halt solaris and boot target_disk /ofwboot -as
7. fill in the blanks and install the sparc snapshot.