Subject: Re: Ultra5?
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
From: Murray Stokely <murray@cdrom.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/10/2000 11:08:28
  This list is dissappointingly quiet.  Is there any other forum where
actual development is taking place on sparc64 / PCI machines?  I'd
like to help in anyway I can to get NetBSD running on Ultra 5 and
Ultra 10's.  Does anyone in the project have access to the relevant
hardware documentation?

	- Murray

On Fri, 10 Mar 100, Eduardo E. Horvath wrote:
% Not very surprizing.  Did you read the web page?  That snapshot is
% over a year old and does not support PCI machines.  Although the
% situation has improved slightly since then, you are still unlikely to
% get a usable U5 configuration since we're still missing most of the
% drivers for the devices on PCI machines.
%
% Take a look at the web page for more details.
%
% Eduardo Horvath				eeh@netbsd.org
% 	"I need to find a pithy new quote." -- me
%