Re: error building pango on 8.2

did you try with pango not installed?

netbsd-8 is teetering with respect to building current versions of a lot
of software, and it seems nobody who works on pkgsrc is still running 8.
It isn't formally deprecated because 10 has not been released, but at
this point I see that as a technicality.   So my advice is stop running
8.  I personally did that a while ago and it looks like July of 2020
from ctimes in /etc/rc.d/.

Up to you to do what you want of course.