Re: sparc packages?

Le sam. 4 mars 2023 à 11:14, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> a écrit :
> Not sure - there is a reason we have no compat_netbsd32 tests running
> for sparc on sparc64. I suspect its mostly about bugs in the sparc mutex
> implementatin, but I never get far with threaded programs on faster
> sparc64 machines.

Could it simply be a TSO vs. PSO vs RMO issue ? Memory consistency can
be pain in the *ss...

If the sparcv9 machine defaults to PSO or RMO but the v7/v8 code is
written expecting TSO, then it will fails occasionally.

For testing, It might be a simple matter of setting PSTATE.MM to 00 to
enforce TSO and see if it solves the issue (I haven't checked what
settings NetBSD/sparc64 uses by default, but I would expect it to
_not_ be TSO for performance reason)

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau