Re: SPARCStation VSIMM

Le dim. 31 oct. 2021 à 06:26, Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> a écrit :
> If the core can do per-channel multiplication, or SIMD multiplication,
> you can.

The nice thing about a soft-core is that it can do whatever you need
it to do :-)

(and for VexRiscv, that would be umulx8/smulx8 from P[acked SIMD] I guess:
<https://github.com/rdolbeau/VexRiscvBPluginGenerator/blob/master/data_Zp64.txt>,
presumably followed by some re-normalizing with a packed 8-bit shift;
or just a customized instruction doing both at once).

> Qemu went with emulating a tgx / S24 (...)
> SX has instructions to read a 32bit word into four registers

Is there some sort of documentation for those? I went with the cg6
because it's supported by everything, and it had some documentation
available.
But I don't seem to have details on either the SX or the TCX/S24 in my
archives, only the higher-level stuff (XIL for SX, stuff like that)

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau