Re: SBus driver & burst (>32 bits) accesses

Chase Rayfield <cusbrar2%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:
> If you wanted to get 64bit transfers working on say an SS20 or similar
> with your FPGA you might want to make sure it works with the gigaswift
> first.

Good idea (with the FPGA I can fairly easily 'snoop' on the SBus to
see the sizes used),
but I don't have one - and they seem rare and somewhat expensive on ebay :-(
At least the X1140A under the reference 501-4375, can't find X1045A at all.

Looking at the documentation, the QFE/S also seem to support Extended
Transfers and bursts.
But I don't have one of those either.

... but I _do_ have a Sun Swift, and those also support ET apparently !
(<https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19113-01/swift.sbus/802-4535-10/802-4535-10.pdf>
page B.1).
Not sure if that applies to the Ethernet part or only the SCSI, but
it's worth a shot.

Anyway just getting a DMA bus master working even in 'normal' (32
bits) mode is going to take some time...

Le lun. 14 déc. 2020 à 21:17, Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost> a écrit :
> I have a spare card if someone wanted to try this, don't have any fibre
> stuff for it though.

Thanks for the offer, I'll give it a good home if you're willing to let it go.
But as mentioned above, I have a plan B I can try first with the Swift.

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau